About Bedford Bowling Club
We like to relax sometimes, be active other times, and have fun all the time, and that's the way we like it!
Our administration team is a mixture of individuals from all walks of life who all share a community spirit and a passion for the game of Lawn Bowls and its social engagement. We are dedicated to promote enjoyment and participation of all club members and for those who wish to hire our well appointed facilities.
The Bedford Bowling Club was established from humble beginnings in 1958 by some hard working men and women who believed that a bowling club was necessary in the area.
The first move towards the formation of a Bowling Club was made by a small group of local residents who made an approach to the Bayswater Road Board early in 1958 for an allocation of land and assistance in its improvements and development.
The contract for the erection of the club house was signed on the 19th of September 1960, and construction began soon after. A provisional liquor licence was granted on 3rd October 1960.
The club was officially opened by the Chairman of the Bayswater Road Board, Mr. Chris Watzko, at a function held on the evening of Saturday, 22nd April 1961, when some 320 guests attended.
Over the years Bedford Bowling Club has emerged as one of the best known clubs in Perth due to our excellent facilities, convenient and easy to find location. Aside from the Club's physical and geographical attributes, another contributing factor to Bedford Bowling Club's popularity is its members who are helpful and welcome new and potential members.